Wednesday 22 August 2007

Day 06 - Monday 6th August 2007

Alrighty There People!

Well, it's been a while since I blogged, hasn't it. I know that I've got a bit to catch up on, but keep reading and it should be up to date quite quickly. It's actually now Monday 20th August, but don't let that put you off - I've kept good records!

This day started with me rising early and taking the wife to work. Then I lashed to my office and bounded - okay, maybe I exagerated slightly - walked - up to the fourth floor. That's six sets of steps, with 8 stairs in each set. Oh yes. I must admit, though, that each day that I do this, it gets easier. I do this twice a day - I refuse to take the lift - and it's getting easier. Not to mention the 40 press ups I do every morning - they're very easy now - I need to consider upping the ante on that score.

Anyway, on to today's incomings:

07:30 - 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk

09:10 - 1 glass of water

11:10 - 1 glass of water

11:20 - 1 apple

12:20 - 2 white bread rolls with corned beef and cucumber

13:00 - 1 glass of water

13:30 - 1 glass of water

21:50 - 1 large cookie

22:00 - Sweet and sour chicken with white rice

23:00 - Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Okay, now you may be wondering why I had dinner so late. Here's what happened.

I finished work at 5.15. I went to pick my wife up from work, she finished at 6. We were both shattered. I said to her, "When we get home, let's go to bed and have a twenty minute nap. I'm not going to go on the sofa, I'm going to go to bed." She agreed, we both needed to have a refreshing nap. So we get home at about twenty past six, spend twenty minutes getting stuff sorted, and go to bed. I set my alarm on my phone for 7:10 - actually allowing half an hour. Jen wasn't impressed - she wanted more. We both turned our phones off so that we wouldn't be disturbed by messages and calls. Within seconds, or so it felt, my alarm went off. I turned it off. The next thing we know, it's dark, it's half nine, and our twenty minute nap had lasted three hours!

We obviously both needed the sleep, but it really felt like the evening had been wasted. In fact, we just wanted to go back to sleep, but we were both pretty hungry.

Let's hope that tomorrow is better!

Scale image below - it hasn't improved yet :(

Until tomorrow,

Adios!

The Dieting Man


No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: