Wednesday 1 August 2007

Day 01 - Monday 30 July 2007

Alrighty There People.

Yes, you've read correctly. Day 01. Why Day 01? Because since I started keeping this blog, I've lost no weight. Zero. Zilch. Naught. Nowt. Not a sausage. And that has made me sick. No, that has made me angry. With myself. Because I haven't had the self control to stick to my guns and lose the weight that I said that I would. So now I'm gonna give myself a new regime, and I am going to stick to it.

You may be wondering why I'm putting myself through this again. Well, it's quite simple really. The whole point of the diet was to lose weight for the holiday. Well, the holiday has been and gone. I hadn't managed to lose any weight, and looking back over the photos, I feel ashamed. My belly hangs out, I've got a bad case of man boobs, and I must have about 4 chins. Honestly, it's disgusting. So, I'm going to lose the flab.

Now, I'm not giving myself any time frame to do this. You may think that this is silly, but I'm not going to go stupid - I'm going to go healthy. I'm cutting down (or trying to cut down) on the junk that I consume. I'm going to eat more healthy food. I'm going to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I'm going to weigh myself daily and take pictures of my weight and post them here. I'm going to do press ups every day, hopefully twice a day. I'm going to try and get out on my bike at least once a week, and I will try to get on my exercise bike every day. Now, this is going to take some doing, and this first week may be hard (I'm writing this on Wednesday, I haven't been on my exercise bike yet.) But, at work, I am climbing the stairs to the fourth floor rather than taking the lift. I get into the office dripping with sweat, which shows how unhealthy I am, but I am determined not to use that lift.

I'm going to keep you updated with my progress. I may not be able to add to this blog daily, but when I do update, I will add a daily account as seperate entries, so that you can see my progress.

Every month, I'm going to put together a chart to show how my weight has increased/decreased/fluctated, and any readings I get from my bike/exercise bike. I am really, really desperate to lose some weight.

Okay, well, if you're still with me, this was how today went. It wasn't perfect, I'll admit that, but it was better than it has been recently. Here goes:

Weight: 13.7 (I think - I need some digital scales...)
07:30 - Breakfast - 1/2 a biopot low fat strawberry yogurt
07:45 - Press ups x 30
10:30 - Mango smoothie (really, really nice) (tin of mangoes, a few scoops of ice cream, and a splash of milk)
11:00 - Cake from Greggs (not my fault, someone brought it in at work)
12:30 - Ham and cucumber rolls (x2) (brown bread)
13:00 - Apple
19:00 - Macaroni cheese and jacket potatoe with cheese
22:00 - 3 x mini double chocolate chip muffins :(

Throughout the day I had about 5 glasses of water.

Okay, so it wasn't brilliant, but it was a start. Let's hope I do better tomorrow...

Until tomorrow,

Adios!

The Dieting Man

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: