Tuesday, 17 April 2012

The Post I've-Weighed-Myself-And-Am-Horrified Update

Well, what can I say? I'm gutted. Absolutely gutted. You've no doubt seen my post from last night. Fourteen stone ten. Man, that's just shy of fifteen stone. Fifteen stone! According to the Wii, I'm strongly obese, but I think that the Wii is a bit harsh. The next notch up is probably clinically dead, and I'm not that - not yet, anyway.

So here's what led up to yesterday's shocking revelation:

I got up at 6.30 for work. Had some coffee, and a few ginger biscuits. I think that that is going to have to be the first thing to change - I'm going to swap over to water and some fruit - maybe a banana or an apple.

I got to work, and started my round just after 8. At about half 8, I was happily munching away on an apple.

I finished my round pretty quickly, and popped home for a bite to eat. I started off pretty healthy - two slices of Ryvita, heaped with tuna. Then I had a Muller Light Cherry yogurt. Now, I don't know if they are 'good' or 'bad' for you, but it had Cherry in the title, so I thought, "Fruit". Yeah, I reckon that's gotta count for something...  Then it went downhill. I grabbed a Mars bar, and munched that down. Then I mooched about in the cupboard, and found a bar of ASDA Smart Price Milk Chocolate. "Yeah," I thought, "that'll do for this afternoon..."  So I popped that in my pocket, made sure that Dog had done his business, stretched his legs, had some fresh air, etc, and headed back to work.

During the course of the afternoon, I happily (and greedily) gorged on my ASDA Smart Price Chocolate bar. 

When I got back, I realised that I had to go to the Post Office, so I thought that that would be a great excuse to stretch my legs, take Dog for a walk, and kill 3 birds with one stone. But Wife had other ideas... She'd finished work early for a dentist appointment, and wanted me to accompany her. So, being the fantastic husband that I am, I did, and on the way home, popped into the Post Office. So much for the exercise there, then.

We got home, and I made some pasta. Yeah, real slimming food, that. I washed that down with a bottle of Bud and ASDA's equivalent to a Magnum, which, in fairness, is nothing like a Magnum, but whatever. And then we decided to take Dog for a walk.

So we went over to Silksworth Lake, and wandered around with Dog - took him to Lake 1 and Lake 2, then up near Sainsbury's, past the BMX stunt track and the astroturf grounds, up past the ski slope, and back to the car. I don't know about Dog, but Wife and I were wrecked!

Getting home, we slouched on the sofa for a while, and watched a DVD. At about half ten, I powered up the PS3, and stuck on Assassin's Creed. Wife was tired, and went to bed, and then I remembered: THE WII! I grabbed the by now fully charged and almost melting batteries, whacked them into the controller, and turned on the Wii. Dog had to be removed from the room, as he was insistent on being on the balance board too, and I couldn't have him messing up my figures - I knew it was going to be bad enough as it was.

And then that dreaded noise as the weight meter climbs... and climbs... and climbs... beyond your previous weight (which had been measured 44 days ago.)

Like I say, was sick as a chip. But now I'm determined. I'm determined to lose this flab, and get down to 13 stone initially, perhaps even more. I'm going to do gardening, cycling, exercising, and I'm going to go to the gym.


You know why?

Because I am The Dieting Man, that's why.

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: