Thursday 14 June 2007

The Diet – Wednesday 13th June 2007

Alrighty There People!

Well, I must say that I think that this new regime is going swimmingly. For a start, I’m hungry ALL the time, so by not feeding myself my body is having to burn my excess body fat, but secondly, when I get these hunger pangs, I just drink a glass of water, and the feelings fade. However, I am going to the loo more frequently, but that’s fine with me too.

Today was quite good, but kinda went downhill towards the end – the result of a late dinner and lack of desire to actually put any effort into a meal… read on for more details on that.

Incidentally, the weather has been atrocious, stotting it down all day, so I wasn’t able to get out on the bike this evening. Never mind, maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, on to today’s intakings:

07:30 – Breakfast: Hazelnut yogurt

07:50 – EXERCISE – 50 PRESSUPS

09:15 – Glass of water

09:40 - Glass of water

11:15 - Glass of water

11:25 – Chocolate Snack A Jack

12:10 – 1 Apple

12:45 - Glass of water

12:55 – 1 Plum

14:00 – Chocolate Snack A Jack

14:05 – Glass of water

14:45 - Glass of water

16:05 - Glass of water

16:30 – Chocolate Snack A Jack

16:45 – Packet of raisins

16:50 – 1 Tangerine
20:30 – Dinner: Quarter pounder with cheese, fries and coke L

22:00 – Chocolate milkshake (really weak. More milky than anything)

Okay, so looking back over that, it doesn’t seem too balanced really. 3 Chocolate Snack A Jacks (but they are only 62 calories each!), McDonalds for dinner, and the scoop of Nutella that I didn’t mention earlier…

But, seven glasses of water, low fat yogurt, four pieces of fruit (can I also count the lettuce in the Quarter Pounder? Yes? Okay, that makes my Five A Day!)

All in all, I don’t think it was too bad.

And let me let you into a little secret…. I weighed myself this morning (Thursday)… 13.5 stone! That means that I have actually lost half a stone. Rock on!

I’ll keep you updated with my progress – I just wish I had been this strict with myself earlier…

Until tomorrow,

Adios!

The Dieting Man

1 comment:

Clare Evans said...

Yeah!! Well done, you've lost half a stone. However, I'm a bit concerned at the starvation diet you've put yourself on. No wonder you're hungry all the time. As I think I've said before - DON'T DIET ... eat healthily.

Eat a healthy breakfast - oat based cereal is good with fresh fruit. Will keep you going until lunchtime. Fill up on fruit and vegetables - steam rather than fry. Avoid McDonalds at all costs. The calories you had in that meal could easily have been switched for a good healthy lunch and dinner. You could actually eat more than you are and still lose weight - as long as you're eating the right stuff.

If you're going to exercise regularly then your body needs fuel. Even though you want to burn fat, you'll need to do cardio exercise and get your heart rate up for 20-30 minutes, three times a week to start seeing a change. The more muscle you have the more fat you'll burn.

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_60/92_fitness_tip.html

Another tip is not to eat after 8pm. Eating your main meal late in the evening doesn't give your body time to digest it.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: