Tuesday 18 September 2007

The Dieting Man: Wii Boxing and The Special K Diet: 17th September 2007

Alrighty There People!

Oh. My. Word.


I can't believe it!

Let me start at the beginning. I was wrecked this morning, having had only 5 hours sleep. When I got into the kitchen, I realised that there was no milk. So no Special K for me today - not unless I wanted it dry. Or with water. Neither option appealed, so it was a slice of toast. With Nutella. Groan...

I got to work and was met with a banging headache. So I decided to work straight through lunch, and finish early. I was home at 3.15, with the intention of going straight to bed. Unfortunately, the cupboards were bare, so it was ASDA that I ended up going to. But I was in bed for 5.30. Having a wonderful, long awaited 90 minute snooze, it was up for dinner - a decent meal of bangers and mash, peas and sweet corn. Nice. Very nice.

I gave it a few hours, and decided that it was time to battle. I turned the Wii on, and started with the exercise program. My previous Age score glared at me. 62. Yeah, right. I battled through a series of Home Runs, Punch the Bag, and Golfing Accuracy skill sets, and hammered my age down to 25. Better. Considering I'm 26 :)

Then I tried my hand at the bags. Here's what happened:
The Bags - Round 1: 25 Bags
The Bags - Round 2: 18 Bags
The Bags - Round 3: 25 Bags

What on earth happened? I couldn't work it out. Somehow, I had lost my groove. 18 bags? That was criminal. I gave myself a severe talking to before entering the ring. I had to win!

Fight 1:
I entered the ring with 1149 points backing me up - but whimpered almost audibly when I faced Theo, a skinhead with 1227 points. Gulp. He was fast, ducking and diving my blows. But I was also ducking and diving his, and getting some fantastic punches in. He gave up the fight in round 2, giving me a glorious 29 points. I had a feeling, though, that I would be meeting up with Theo again in Fight 2...

Fight 2:
Theo. Staring me out from the far side. Bring it on. I raced towards him, face shielded, left arm packing powerful punches to his face and ribcage. Down. Like a sack of potatoes. Mouldy, squishy potatoes. He got up again. Silly. He knocked me down. Really silly. I ploughed into him like an express train hitting a cow at 140 mph. He didn't stand a chance. Down he went - permanently. His 1252 points were no match against The Dieting Man. He succumbed, passing 20 points onto me, which I quietly added to the 1178 around my belt already. with 1198 points, I look forward to meeting tomorrow's opponent. I wonder if it will be Theo...

The Nintendo Wii is great. Wii Boxing is not just hilarious to watch, it's great to participate in. By the end of my three bag rounds and two fights, I was sweating like a pig - it was literally running down my face. Plunging into the shower, I refreshed myself.

This dieting malarkey - it's getting more and more fun. If I can control my eating, do more exercise - including using the Nintendo Wii - I'll be slim in no time at all. Rock on!

Until tomorrow,

Adios!

The Dieting Man

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: