Bored? Alleviate that boredom, and stretch those mind muscles, by taking this simple IQ Test. But be warned - things aren't always as they seem...
1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
4. A woman gives a beggar 50 pence; the woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come?
5. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?
6. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?
7. Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this.
8. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
9. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by. What colour is the bear? Why?
10. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
11. If you have only one match and you walked into a room where there was an oil burner, a kerosene lamp, and a wood burning stove, which one would you light first?
12. How far can a dog run into the woods?
13. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How long would the pills last?
14. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
15. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
16. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10'' tall. What does he weigh?
Before the answers, a cool picture...
3. All of them (12)
4. The beggar is her sister.
5. He can't be buried if he isn't dead.
6. No - because he is dead.
7. They aren't playing each other.
9. White. The house is at the North Pole so it is a polar bear.
10. 2 – You have taken two away.
11. The match.
12. Half way. Then he is running out of the woods.
13. 1 Hour
15. None - Noah took them on the ark, not Moses.
Enjoyed this? Much more available in The Laughter File, available in paperback here. And for each copy sold, money is donated to BBC Children in Need. Cool!