Friday 12 October 2007

The Dieting Man: Wii Boxing and The Special K Diet: 11th October 2007

Alrighty There People!

I had my choleseterol taken today. I don’t know anything about cholesterol, but mine was 5.95. Apparently, if it was 6, I would have been sent to the doctors. Fantastic. So, I was told that I mustn’t eat any junk – biscuits, cakes, etc etc. I was weighed in at 13.5 stone, and my waist measured an enormous 38.5inches. So I was not best pleased. I’m going back in December to see if I have improved at all, and meantime I’m really going to work hard. I think that now I’ve seen numbers down in writing, it’s hit hard that I need to do something about it.

So. Last night, I went to ASDA to do the shopping. The only thing I bought that I shouldn’t was a tub of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream – it was on offer for £2.00, and I couldn’t resist. But I steered clear of chocolate bars, biscuits, cakes, muffins, the lot. Instead, I headed for the fruit section, and got a bunch of bananas, five apples, five oranges, and a mango. I don’t even know what to do with a mango, but I thought it might be interesting.

Then, I got in (at quarter past eleven), and after putting the shopping away, climbed onto the exercise bike for ten minutes. After that, I hooked up the Wii, and started to do battle. Results below:

I went on the Fitness first: A round on the bags, a round of Power bowling, and a round of accuracy golf. My age? 22. Nice.

Then on to my 3 rounds on the bags:

Round 1: 19 bags
Round 2: 18 bags
Round 3: 35 bags

Yeah, that’s right – rounds one and two, I was just warming up. Check out the results on round 3. Rock on.

Confidently, I stepped into the ring, wondering who I would be facing first.

Fight One:
I was up against Eva. This was someone new, someone flexing their 1399 points against my 1289. I was raring to go. It had been a while since I had been in the ring, so was slightly apprehensive, but the adrenaline was coursing through my body. I started lashing out, hurtful blows that pulverised Eva. She only got about two jabs in to me. She was down, out cold – to the count of ten. Rock on! An easy victory, and 56 points to add to my belt.

Fight Two:
Now I was up against Jake, another n00b to me. He wielded his 1409 points with pride as he swaggered into the ring.

We started boxing. I knocked him down. He got up. He knocked me down. I boxed him to within an inch of going down, and the first round was over.

The second round started, and I flew in, a flurry of furious fists. He was down, out cold. He succumbed to my fists, and I gained another 68 points. End of the evening, and I was on 1413 points. Nice.

And thus I start with renewed vigour – exercise, diet, a whole new me.

Keep up!

Until tomorrow,
Adios!

The Dieting Man.

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: