Monday 17 December 2007

Need for Speed: Established 1995!

Alrighty There People.

I’ve just downloaded the demo of NFS ProStreet for the PS3 – amazing, simply amazing. I’ve been a fan of the NFS series for a long time, starting with my first PC which came with the game Need for Speed II: Special Edition, which would’ve been around 1998.

That got me thinking – how long has the Need for Speed franchise been running? I did a quick wiki search, and found the answer: “The Need for Speed” was released in 1995. That means the series is nearly 18 years old! For some people, need for speed started with Underground, but that in fact was NFS 9. ProStreet is the 13th title in the series, not including the two releases for the PSP, Underground Rivals and Most Wanted 5-1-0.

Looking back, NFS II:SE wasn’t fantastic by today’s standards, but I loved that game – it gendered within me the love of racing games that I have.

The whole series has been fantastic – although I’ve only had the pleasure of owning NFS II:SE, NFS III: Hot Pursuit, and everything since Underground. The whole gaming experience is fantastic, and the demo of ProStreet is good – although I’ve heard that free roam isn’t available, and I’m gutted about that. But never mind, I’m still going to get the game, and I’m sure I’ll love it.

Meantime, I’ll leave you with some box art of the series so far…
The Need for Speed (1995)




Need for Speed II (1997)

Need for Speed: V-Rally (1997)



Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998)




Need for Speed: V-Rally 2 (1999)

Need for Speed: High Stakes (1999)

Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)


Need for Speed: Underground (2003)

Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004)


Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)


Need for Speed: Carbon (2006)


Need for Speed: ProStreet (2007)

If you enjoyed this post, then DIGG IT!

1 comment:

E. Masri said...

Hi, The Dieting Man. It's nice reading what you say about Need for Speed. I love NFS too, I had NFSII in my PC, but I have lost it about 2 years ago. I just got the demo on internet. Actually, I need to buy, but can't, lack of money. If you like to contact me, I'll be very happy.

e.masri.79@gmail.com
PEKANBARU-INDONESIA

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave a comment. You're visitor number: